With its unique blend of flavors and trademark Red Hot Chicago® hot dogs, this recipe will tickle your family's taste buds!
1. In a small bowl, mix ketchup & mustard.
2. In a separate bowl, mix sauerkraut & chopped onions.
3. Slice each hot dog lengthwise down the center forming a deep pocket, careful not to cut all the way through.
4. Coat inside of each hot dog with ketchup/mustard mixture.
5. Inside pocket of each hot dog, place a strip of cheddar cheese, top with sauerkraut mix (making sure that cheddar cheese strips have some of this mixture at each end so that no cheese is exposed).
6. Wrap a strip of bacon around each hot dog making sure to wrap tight enough to secure stuffing but not too tight and secure each end with toothpicks.
7. Cover grilling surface with a non-stick grilling spray or vegetable oil, place hot dogs on grill, stuffing side down, and grill until bacon on that side is cooked.
8. Turn quarter turn and cook until bacon on this side is cooked, continue until bacon is cooked on all sides, covering grill in between turns.
9. Place a hot dog in each bun (toast first if desired), remove toothpicks & serve.